WORLD RETAIL AWARD’S JUDGING PROCESS
A panel of Expert Judges are formed of retail industry experts, with the knowledge and insights, handpicked with the specialism required to evaluate the applications for each award category.
Each judge is selected as an unbiased, objective individual who will review entries solely on the information contained within the award entry. The Expert Judges shortlist the entries for each award category.
2018’s Expert Judges included:
- Alan Treadgold, Stores Editor, Said Business School
- Alexey Filatov, CEO, BBCG
- Carla Ferraro, Swinburne University
- Cheryl Potter, Senior Partner, Permira
- Dana Armstrong, MD, Dana Armstrong Ltd.
- Daniel Bobroff, Founder, Fashion Tech Ventures
- David Shriver, Communications Director, Ocado
- David Roth, CEO, WPP The Store EMEA
- Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director, Fung Global Research & Intelligence
- Eric Feigenbaum, Senior Designer, VM&SD
- Fabrizio Valente, CEO, Kiki Lab
- Gavin Parker, Global Partner, BCG
- George MacDonald, Editor, Retail Week
- Jack Hanrahan, Director, Retail Genetics
- James Bidwell, CEO, Springwise
- Janet Hull, Director of Marketing Strategy, IPA
- John Ryan, Stores Editor, Retail Week
- Lucy Harris, Partner, Clarity Search
- Lynette Hundermark, Co-Founder, Useful & Beautiful
- Martin Butler, Retail author, retail marketer and speaker
- Mark Faithful, Editor, Retail Property Analyst
- Martin Newman, Founder, Practicology
- Matt Nichols, Senior Partner, Commerce Ventures
- Michael Poynor, Managing Director, Retail Expertise
- Mirko Hackmann, Editor in Chief, Handelsjournal
- Nikki Zamblera, Former HR Director, Debenhams
- Nina Glass, Senior Partner, Eric Salmon
- Petah Marian, Senior Editor, WGSN Insight
- Roberto Meir, Publisher, Grupo Padrao
- Robin Lewis, CEO, The Robin Report
- Sean Sands, Director of Customer Experience & Insight (CXI) Research Group and Associate Professor of Marketing, Swinburne Business School
- Sophie Albizua, Founding Partner, eNova Partnerships
- Thomas Tochtermann, Chairman, Global Fashion Agenda
- Tim Greenhalgh, Creative Director, Fitch
- Wolf Jochen Schulte-Hillen, CEO, SH Selection
2017’s Grand Jury included:
The Grand Jury is formed of retail leaders from the across the global retail industry, with a wealth of knowledge and insight.
The Grand Jury is selected on the principle of each individual being unbiased and objective, who will review the entries of the shortlisted individuals, selected by the Expert Judges, solely on the information contained within the award entry.
We understand that some of the information you submit in the award’s entry is highly sensitive and confidential. The Expert Judges and Grand Jury will all be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement when reviewing your entry. The information provided within your summary may be published in connection with the Awards. Confidential material will not be published, we have highlighted the content that you supply us with that will be accessible and used to promote your company within the entry application.