WORLD RETAIL AWARD’S JUDGING PROCESS
A panel of Expert Judges are formed of retail industry experts, with the knowledge and insights, handpicked with the specialism required to evaluate the applications for each award category.
Each judge is selected as an unbiased, objective individual who will review entries solely on the information contained within the award entry. The Expert Judges shortlist the entries for each award category.
2017’s Expert Judges included:
- Alan Treadgold, Stores Editor, Said Business School
- Arvind Singhal, Chairman, Technopak
- Callum Lumsden, Director, Lumsden
- Cedric Ducrocq, CEO, Dia-mart
- Dana Armstrong, MD, Dana Armstrong Ltd.
- David Shriver, Senior Partner, Tulchan
- David Davies, Content Director, Ascential
- Dilys Maltby, Senior Partner, Circus
- Fabrizio Valente, CEO, Kiki Lab
- Howard Sullivan, Co-Founder, YourStudio
- Howard Saunders, CEO, 22 and 5
- Loli Macridi, Research Analyst, Planet Retail RNG
- James Bidwell, CEO, Springwise
- Jorgen Skov, CEO, European Network
- Kevin Holmsten, Senior Retail Analyst, Planet Retail RNG
- Lynette Hundermark, Co-Founder, Useful & Beautiful
- Martin Butler, Retail Author & Lecturer
- Martin Newman, Founder & CEO, Practicology
- Massimo Volpe, Chairman, FIRAE
- Michael Poynor, MD, Retail Expertise
- Miya Knights, Research Director, Planet Retail RNG
- Neil Stern, Senior Partner, McMillanDoolittle
- Roberto Meir, Publisher, Grupo Padrao
- Sean Sands, Associate Professor, Monash University
- Stella Hartley, CEO, Stella Hartley Retail Consultancy
- Tatjana Wolff, Retail Analyst, Planet Retail RNG
- Thomas Tochtermann, Former Advisor to World Economic Forum
- Tiffany Lung, Associate Analyst, Planet Retail RNG
- Tim Greenhalgh, Chairman, Fitch
- Wolf Jochen Schulte-Hillen, CEO, SH Selection
2017’s Grand Jury included:
The Grand Jury is formed of retail leaders from the across the global retail industry, with a wealth of knowledge and insight.
The Grand Jury is selected on the principle of each individual being unbiased and objective, who will review the entries of the shortlisted individuals, selected by the Expert Judges, solely on the information contained within the award entry.
We understand that some of the information you submit in the award’s entry is highly sensitive and confidential. The Expert Judges and Grand Jury will all be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement when reviewing your entry. The information provided within your summary may be published in connection with the Awards. Confidential material will not be published, we have highlighted the content that you supply us with that will be accessible and used to promote your company within the entry application.