- All entries must be submitted online.
- All entries must be completed & submitted by the closing date 24 January 2020.
- You may enter multiple categories.
- The length of the submission is limited by the entry form.
- Supporting material may be uploaded but only where specified.
- Entries must be written in English.
- Where the entry was a collaborative effort all major contributors should be specified within the entry.
- Translations should be provided for any supporting material.
- Evidence of results data must be referenced and entries can be disqualified if the data source is not cited.
- Supporting material, such as independently produced data, industry surveys, extracts from analysts' reports, testimonials, press articles etc. will only be accepted if provided as part of the written submission online. No further hard copy information is required.
Entries will be accepted from all countries
- Each entry, if not entered directly by a retailer must have the approval of the retailer.
- Any retailer entering should have a minimum of 10 stores. Department store businesses are the only exception in that they may have less than 10 stores in the portfolio but will have larger turnover than other retail sectors.
- A business has to have been trading for more than 18 months.
- Entry fees are payable for every entry submitted
- Entry fees are non refundable once payment has been submitted.
- The cost per entry is £300 + VAT before 1 February 2019.
- The decision of the jury is final. The jury reserves the right to re-classify, re-categorise or reject any entry that does not comply with the requirements of the competition.
- Entries will only be judged on the basis of the information provided to the judges on the entry form and additional supporting material if submitted.
- Details of the Jury meetings will not be disclosed.
- No correspondence will be entered into by the Awards Team or the judges regarding feedback on entries.
- Judges are requested to declare an interest and remove themselves from the process if they are asked to judge an entry that poses a conflict of interest.
- We will respect as confidential any financial data submitted unless given express permission to use it. If there is a particular part or your entry that you would prefer not to be used then please clarify this on the entry.
- All entries will be stored securely on our website and access to these by Judges will be strictly monitored.
- By entering the World Retail Awards, companies are authorising Ascential Information Services Limited to use the data and certain visual materials submitted, for the purpose of the awards presentation and the writing of a business review publication, containing case studies of all short listed companies and winners.